Friday, December 11, 2009

Another week, another letter. :D

Heeeey Familia!

Thanks for the wonderful letters and care packages you have been sending. I've gotten them all and I am enjoying them very much. I even got a care package from the YSA so I've pretty much got my own personal food storage in my room now ^_^;.

This week has been QUITE eventful. First of all SNOOOOW! Soooo much snow! More than I have ever seen in my whole entire life. The Utahians here say that the snow that we got is like nothing compared to what they usually get. It's reaaaally cold too. Yes man, I am Sooooo glad we got that coat. It helps a lot. They also have really awesome Christmas lights up here at the MTC. It's really cool.

I had a really awesome experience at the RC (refferal center) as well. I took an incoming call from some guy in Augusta Georgia. It was very obvious that he was a black guy because of the expressions and mannerisms he used. He wanted to order a couple of DVD's from the free LDS DVD collection. I was happy to oblige and asked him why he wanted the DVD's. He said that he had talked with some of the missionaries and said that he wanted to learn as much as he could about the mormon's in any way possible. He said he felt really good and at peace when he talked to the missionaries. At one point he discribed "it was like I wuz like I was talkin to Angels!" It made me feel so happy and I testified that that feeling that he had was the spirit. I continued and asked if he knew what the spirit was. He wasn't familiar with the term and I taught him about the Holy Ghost. I asked if he understood and he said "Yeah! It makes loads of sense!" I then asked if he reads the bible. He said that he does and he tries to teach his children the ways of Christ. He said that was kind of the reason why he wasn't to fond of mormons in the past, because he thought that they worshiped Joseph Smith, not Jesus, but the missionaries cleared that up so that is why he was willing to learn more. I asked him if he heard about the Book of Mormon, and he said know. I taught him, and testified of the truthfulness of the book (I've gained such a strong testimony of that book, and have realized that it contains SOOO many answers to our questions in these past few weeks) When I asked if he had recieved one, his imediate response was "I need one!" This warmed my heart so much and I put in an order for a Book of Mormon to send with the missionaries that would visit him next time. The last thing I taught him was how to pray. Actually he was the one who suggested that we pray. I asked him if he would like to give it, and he said that he forgot. I taught him the basic way how to pray and he did it. Although, the prayer seemed a little rehearsed, but he did say a lot of things that where in his mind so it was really good. I taught him that he doesn't have to say the same things over and over, that he should talk to our heavenly father as if he were talking to your best friend. He liked the sound of that and he let me give him an example by letting me pray. At the end of all that I could tell he was very moved and was hungering for the words of God. We wrapped things up and said our good byes. His last comment was a story of the first Mormon he had ever met. He said he was on his football team and that everyone called him the "STOOOORMIIIN MOORMON". Me and him laughed and laughed. I loved his mannerisms, it was so amusing and heartwarming, because I knew he was being sencere ^_^. We said good bye to each other and that was it. I loooooooved that experience and after that it made me want to just stand up and say "SEND ME TO SAN FERNANDO NOW!" heheh ^_^.

In other news, I came down with a bit of a cold. Actually a HUGE cold. I had an ear infection and everything. My companion got out of quarantine, bue he still had a really bad cough, and still has one. Me and him have been making trips to the doctor, and I got my hands on some antibiotics. My companion however drew the short straw and had to get a giant shot in his butt >_<. He had to get a shot because the oral medicine wouldn't work with his other medicine that he's taking for his ulceritive colitis (I really don't think I spelled that right ^_^;;) but yeah he was sore for the day but he's fine now.

My companion has been going a really tough time though. Not with his health, but with wheather or not if he was meant to go on a mission. It is very sad, but He told me how much thought he has put in on it. He said that he REALLY wants to serve a mission. He wants nothing more than to give the joy and happiness the gospel brings into other peoples lives, but apparently when he prays he thinks that he has a mission elseware, not in San Fernando. Me and him agree that it very well could be the advesary prompting him, but one thing makes both of our heads scratch. He said he asked Heavenly Father in the Temple, and he said that he recieved the same answer, and he didn't like the answer. He said he would much wrather serve a mission, but like he said, it may be that his mission is elsewear. The advice I gave him is that whatever he does, make sure that it is of the Lord. Make sure that the mindset he has is in the eternal perspective, not of the worldly or temperal things. We are going to the temple again and I think he might ask again. I have been earnestly praying for my companion to listen to the right voice and recieve the right answer. I REALLY don't want him to do something that he will regret. From my experience it seems that the easiest decision is the right decision, but I've learned that that's what the advesary wants you to think. If we take the harder route, the route that is of our heavenly father. In the end we will be more happy. So please keep Elder Ellis in your prayers if you can family. I worry about him every day, and I love him very much. He has helped me learn so much about myself and how to be an effective missionary. He told me that he has no doubt that I am going to be district leader some day, and that I am going to effect so many people's lives, and that he wants to do everything in his power to help me be the best that I can be.

So I got about 5 minutes left so lets see if I can comment and answer questions now

Dad - I love how you compared playing in Tom's band to playing Rock Band. That says a lot in so many ways XD. Those jokes you sent were quite the knee slappers ^_^. Good luck with Gran Turismo. That wonderful black car will be yours in no time, and yes despite your complaints I joined the choir anyway. I wish I could read music as good as you, but having a good ear helps as well ^_^.

Mom- Yes lots of people have been writing to me. The temple is great. I learn something every time I go. Sadly, I will not be able to call on christmas. I will probably however be able to call on my departure to San Fernando. I'll keep you posted. I can't wait to get Dito's drawing ^_^.

Rachel - I only got one minute so No copia me contoneo (don't copy my swagger in spanish :P) I love you soo much sis and I miss you. Tell alix that she is totally gonna get payback for sending me a Dear John!

I love you so much family. I miss you every day. I hope guys have a wonderful christmas. The birth of our savior is a HUGE blessing to us all

Love you all

-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment