Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Another week...ANOTHER investigator!

Heeeeey Family!

So this one is gonna be short (Sorry I'm kind of running out of time. I have a lot of e-mails to send)

I'm so greatful that all three of you guys send really good e-mails to me. I didn't have time to read them now, but I'm going to print them out and read them later. But for now I'm going to fill you guys in on what happened.

So we got to contact a couple of people who actually said yes when we contacted them on their door step ^(^o^)^. It was soooo great! The first one's name is Greg Turner. Him and his mom, Debbie Turner, live in a little apartment and they are Jewish. They weren't interested in hearing our message because they are trying to stick with TRADITION *fiddler on the roof impression*. So we just sat down and talk and the Debbie was soo nice to us. She even gave us a couple of bucks because she felt like that we were "special people" that she gives to those who she believes should deserve it. She's not anti-religion and she is very open minded. I have a feeling that as we gain their trust they may feel what we have to share is important.

The Second Family is a family of Four. The father wasn't there but the mother Linda Duncan and her son and daughter a really great. When I contacted her son for the first time and he said "Yeah sure that sounds good." I was so excited that I shouted "REALLY!?" Without even thinking about it XD. My companion makes fun of me for that alot, but anyway we later found out that they were in the process of finding a church, and that Linda was actually talking about it to her mother right as we contacted her house. That just has Golden Investigator written all over it. So we gave the message and Linda gave us a very spiritual experience where she prayed because she had a suspecious MRI scan done by the doctors. She said it was a very tangable feeling that started from her head down to her toes. It was a very strong experience and I let her know that the spirit can always do that for her and provide her with comfort and peace. I also had the prevaladge to share the part of the discussion about Joseph Smith. When I shared that I really felt the spirit guiding me, and while I was in the middle of it the phone rang as well, but Linda just turned the phone off and quitly said keep going. Ohhh man, I just felt so great! We're going to check up on that family this week and watch the Resteration video with her and her family. Hopefully they husband might be there as well.

That was such an awesome experience and it just made my day. It trully testified to me that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he did see God and Jesus Christ standing in the air above him. I hope you guys get the chance to sit together and read that story again, because it truly was a maraculous event that trully happened. I know it! I know it with all my heart!

Well once again I am so sorry for the short letter, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. I will have more time next week and I will have read the letters your guys wrote me last time so I will be able to reply to you guys seperately. Hope you guys have a wonderful day and keep up the good work. Take care and I love you all so much

-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment